Aqualyx®, developed for the non-surgical reduction of localised fat under the skin is a gel-based watery solution, which dissolves fat and is biocompatible (compatible with all parts of the body) and biodegradable (able to break down naturally and cause no harm). Aqualyx® works by causing the breakdown of fat cells. The body then expels the released fatty acids naturally.
Aqualyx was developed to treat stubborn areas of unwanted fat deposits such as:
• Thighs/inner thighs
• Below buttocks
• Under armpits/back
• Gynocomastia in men
Aqualyx is injected via 2 injection sites into the fat layer using a thin very fine needle. The treatment is tolerated well as an anaesthetic is added the injectable solution. Treatment can take between 30-60 minutes per treatment.
Post injection the site may start to swell and redden slightly and this is to be expected as part of the procedure. A reduction in fat deposits can be seen just after one treatment, however between two to eight sessions maybe required to see the optimal effect. The speed at which results are seen will vary depending on the stability of the cell membranes.
Post treatment advice and aftercare
• Expect some bruising and reddening of the area - some of you might find parts of the treated area become a little hard during early healing stages, this is normal.
• Avoid direct heat ie sun, saunas etc for a few days after each treatment
• Avoid physical exercise 4-5 days after treatment
• Avoid anti inflammatory medication
• A light support garment to the treated area may help to minimise any discomfort during the first few days post procedure.